Urban Development Coordinator
What we are looking for:
- Deep understanding of land use planning and development application approvals;
- Working knowledge of the Planning Act, Provincial Policies and Legislations related to land use planning;
- Ability to deal effectively with the community, consultants, and public and private agencies;
- Must have good knowledge of civil works including earthwork analysis, road and utilities design, site grading, sewer, watermain and Stormwater Management design
- Assist with land acquisition including researching, identifying and validating acquisition opportunities;
- Researches specific political, regulatory, and market trends to keep the business informed of potential changes within the development industry;
- Assist with all aspect of development applications – Official Plan Amendments, Plan of Subdivision, Site Plan approvals, Condominiums applications, Minor Variances and Building Permit applications;
- Manage consulting teams during approval process and coordinate works during site construction;
- Coordinate and attend meeting with municipalities, agencies, committees and Councils as required
Education and/or Experience:
- University degree in planning or related degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in a planning/real estate development role
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, Strong work ethic with an attention to detail and follow up;
- Strong communication (written and oral);
- Proficient working knowledge of Auto-CAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
What you will get in Return:
Oxnard is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation.
If you are a results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and have a ‘hands on’ approach, please forward your application for consideration of a career with Oxnard Development.